Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown ABM Evo II 500 into Schroeder 31012

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Feb 7, 2006.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Anybody here try to put an ABM Evo II into one of the beasts? I'm worried I'll underpower this monster..... The cabinet is rated at 1800 watts......but its supposed to be really efficient....

Now, The Ashdown is supposed to be 575 watts. It would seem our British neighbors are either dopes, or are slightly more honest in regards to thier rated power figures....you can find dozens of threads how someone A/B'ed this head with any number of other heads or power amps specified as having higher output, and found the Ashdown to be louder and fuller. I did a stringent A/B with an Ampeg SVT 5-Pro and the Ashdown CRUSHED IT.

Anybody have any experience with This Particular Head into a Schroeder extra-large?

2. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I think you will be fine, these cabs really are efficient. One of the TBers here powers his Schro 310212 with a 300 Watt Fender all tube bass head and he seems to be pleased with it.

3. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Howdy,

I one of those guys. :D I run my Fender 300 PRO into a 310212 and it's phenominal. I've also run a Crest CA9 bridged (2000 watts) into it and it swallows it right up. If the Ashdown pushes 575 watts into 4 ohms, you'll probably be ok, but my idea of "loud" might not be the same as yours.

[​IMG]