Ashdown ABM Evo II ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman blue, Sep 3, 2005.

1. couldn't find a thread on this, so hopefully there isn't one out there lurking.... :ninja:

i have an "ashdown 500 abm evo II rc" series amp. tonight i'm going to finally try the "sub out" jack. the amp has always given me such a great sound and tons of lows through my eden 210xst and 212xlt cabs, that i have never gotten around to trying the sub out crossover.

we're playing an outdoor gig tonight, and i had thought about running the "sub out" crossover into a powered sub that i would rent, but instead i'm going to run it into our p.a. system. i'll travel light, running the amp into my ampeg pb210 cab, and as mentioned, the lows (from the sub out jack) will run straight to the p.a.

has anyone played around much with the sub out jack and what kind of powered subs, p.a. systems have you run it through and what kind of results have you gotten?
  2. Nitkin

Aug 10, 2002
    i used to use that sub output with separate head and BagEnd`15.It wasn`t as good as usual connection.
    Just matter of taste i think
  3. sooooo, i ran the sub crossover output into the p.a. last night. very effective, but the little ampeg 2-10 cab behind me wasn't moving enough air and i was having a tough time hearing myself. i'll have to go back to the eden cabs for backline and will probably continue using the sub out direct to the p.a.