Ashdown ABM Mini 4x8 on the way!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Th9nker, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002

Ordered from AMS...

$399 + Free Shipping!!!!

Couldn't pass it up at that price, I mean, the list is $1,099!

Looks like I got the last one....

Now I've got to get the 1x15...
  2. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Wow congrats

I'm still meaning to try one of these out Toasted get to my house now!!!!!
  3. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm going to be using an ABM EVO II 500 head with it...

Can't wait...
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    oooOOOooo I hate you
  5. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i think toasted has a similar setup. if he pops on im sure hell share the goods and bads with you.

and welcome to the ashdown club. im sure like most of us who have has the expericance, youll never go back.
  6. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, I have read his posts before...

I have been sold on the EVO II 500 Head for a long time now but hadn't decided on cabs...

I wanted to eventually get some ABM cabs, but they are just too damned expensive usually...

Couldn't pass up that deal though, I'm going to get the 1x15 ASAP... They seem to be a lot easier to find....
  7. The 4x8 is a sweet cab- I'd love to add one to my rig at some point....

I went for the mini 15 in the end though- sounds nice with my Trace!
  8. I know where a mini-15 is.....

PM'ing info
  9. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Thanks for the info...

I think I'm going to hold off for a while on the 15 though...

I may actually consider the ABM 115 compact... If you stand it on end (it has two sets of feet), it mates up perfectly with the the mini 4x8...

Can't decide if the extra five inches is worth the extra money... It only weighs 2 pounds more then the mini 15...

10. OBBM

Jan 26, 2005
    Surrey, UK
    I know where there are two Mini 4x8s in the UK
  11. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    I've never been sold on Ashdown cabs at all; they all just sound mediocre to my ears but I'll have to test out these mini's if they really are that good.
    For you guys stateside there are loads of better (cheaper) options than the regular ABM cabs - unless of course you get one for $399!
  12. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes, the ABM Cabs are definitly over-priced here....

Does that stop me from wanting an 8x10?

Of course not!

They just look too damn cool...
  13. dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    I have both the 15" and 4x8" mini cabs and they work pretty well together (try the 2 cabs together if you can). Ideal for a small car and one person carries.

On the other hand there is nothing special about them. Simple, undamped cabs as far as I can see and pressed steel speakers from Italy. I can't see why they are quite as expensive as they are - but then I got mine fairly cheap off eBay. Like all the Ashdown stuff I have tried they do the job well and I am in no rush to upgrade them. I just wonder why they cost so much new. :confused:
  14. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes, I do plan on getting the 1x15 mini cab, as I said earlier, I am also considering getting the 1x15 compact cab instead...

Later on I would like to get a larger cab of any brand for big gigs but I am in no rush now... I do like that Aguilar 4x12... or an 8x10...

I think I should be covered for just about any situation then...
  15. I want one of these for my rig too. I tried a 4x8 and 1x15 at Musiclive, and it was LOUD.
  16. I have a mini15 - sounds great with my hartke 3500 head. Got the cab from ebay for £180. Just looking for a 2nd hand mini48 now
  17. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002

Good deal, they don't show up on ebay much over here in the states...

The 4x8's seem almost impossible to find anywhere in the US...
  18. where? PM me please!
  19. OBBM

Jan 26, 2005
    Surrey, UK
  20. yes, where please?? pmalso if you would