Ashdown ABM sounds fuzzy??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dasgre0g, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Dasgre0g

Dasgre0g DasGre0g Supporting Member

I've always has great luck with Ashdown amps but recently picked up a "new/old stock" Ashdown Abm 900 Evo III. While the right (top) speaker outputs sound amazing, the left (bottom) Poweramp sounds like there is literally a fuzz pedal running parallel with the actual signal from both outputs. Anyone else have a similar issue or insight? The dealer basically told me they can't help.me, and to contact Ashdown who I am in some correspondence with. Not that I NEED both poweramps, but it's nice to know it is functioning as it should! 20170817_140148_atc_1506086543410.jpg

2. Demo stock, no warranty?

Dasgre0g likes this.
  3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Link Send and Return with a signal cable see if that helps.

Insert a plug into the line input jack a few times to exercise the jacks contacts.

Are there more sockets on the back panel?

4. Dasgre0g

Here's a good look back of the amplifier overall, and then specifically the speaker output section with the two outputs that do not work circled, which are a separate power amp then the ones above them. Going to take your advice here in a few minutes and see if anything happens! 1600-ABM900EVO3_detail04_atc_1506086543229.jpg 20171016_173053.jpg

5. Dasgre0g

Ashdown suggests a a likely short in one of the left amp's capacitors or transistor. *Shrug*

6. Should be easy enough for a tech to track down then. Get the schematic from Ashdown and print it for your tech.

There's a list thread of recommended techs all over the world here:

Good amp techs!

7. Dasgre0g

But I'm hoping! And thank you for the thread link. I can have a schematic and hopefully it won't take long or cost too much. I appreciate all the help everyone

8. Dasgre0g

Thanks again everyone! The schematic and the points that Ashdown made for me work perfectly and it was fixed rapidly