1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM115 speaker damaged... replace with Delta-15A ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GTOZP, Jul 12, 2014.

1. GTOZP

GTOZP

Apr 5, 2014
    the speaker in my Ashdown ABM 115 is blown up
    can I replace it with a Eminence Delta-15A??
    whats about an beta15... a little bit cheaper

2. mazdah

mazdah

Jan 29, 2010
    Kalisz, Poland
    Up! I'm having the same problem :)

3. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    The best option is to check the TS specs of the driver, and then compare them to the internal volume of the cab.

If you can post the internal volume of the cab, and size of port etc. then one of the experts may be able to help you (not me :) )

If you want the original, Ashdown may be able to supply it to you, have you tried contacting them?

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Maybe try the Beta. Seems to be pretty forgiving from what I've read.

5. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    let's first head about volume. is it porteD?

6. The Ashdown ABM 115 has about 3 cf of internal volume. It is described as a 'precision tuned enclosure', but that could be said of a ported or sealed box. No port(s) is visible on the baffle board (in images). Is it rear ported, or just sealed? Sensitivity spec is a relatively low 94 db/w/m, and (thermal) power handling is 300w so a replacement driver could easily improve on both.

There are plenty of 15 inch drivers that will work well in this box, most requiring optimum tuning (port). The selection can also be narrowed down if we know how much power the cab is likely to see, and any tonal (or musical genre) preferences.