Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown ABM212T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrBonex, Sep 15, 2005.

1. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    I just accidently ran across this on the Zzounds Web site. I've never seen nor heard of this model. Has anyone here had a chance to check it out?

I looks very tasty to me. Gets the GAS heated up.

I think it would work well with my V6. Maybe two of 'em!

Anyway, I've been thinking about 12s -- and I like the side-by-side form factor more than the diagonal. Hmmmmm.

2. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Here's a picture.

3. I think that's the 210 cab, I believe that the 212 has diagonally mounted speakers.

4. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Well that was my thought, too, but it's definitely the photo used for a 2-12 bin on Zzounds. I double-checked. Could be their error, of course.

I couldn't find anything about it on the Ashdown Web site, so I thought maybe it was a new model.

5. I'm dying to try this cab under my ABM410T, but until I find a spec sheet and a real picture I am going to hold off on buying it. I wish Ashdown would update their site. I've been hearing rumors about this cab since early spring. Does anyone have more info? Thanks in advance.

6. I emailed Ashdown several weeks ago cause there is no info on their website & no pics or specs. I was told the new ABM212 cabinet that was introduced several months ago has already been discontinued due to lack of interest. I'm not sure about the new 215 cab though.

I was thinking of running a 115/212 rig but if I do I better hurry. Since it's discontinued I would think the prices should drop but not yet.

7. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Ah yes. The old "we introduced it several months ago, but we didn't tell anyone and we didn't sell any so we're discontinuing it" routine.

I thought Ashdown was run by smart people. Maybe not.

It's funny how they were pretty forward thinking there for a while. Have they become complacent? Tired of bass amps? Thinking about getting into the flute/clarinet amp business? They should have neodymium drivers, too.

Oh, right. They did make their speaker cones blue. I forgot about that innovation.

;)