1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM500 EvoII (rackmount head) - SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bino, Dec 12, 2006.

1. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Another piece that I don't have a need for right now. Excellent condition. Recently inspected by previous owner's tech. New tubes. Everything sounds just right with this one.

SOLD

2. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    ...I should clarify that the previous owner (a great TB'er) only had it looked over by his tech and the tube replaced before selling it to me. There was no issue with the head. The guy I bought it from was just a stand-up individual and wanted to be sure all was in order before selling. This head has worked perfectly for me as well. I'm selling simply because another bam-bino is coming and when I bought it I had fooled myself into thinking I would still find the time to play out.
    :rolleyes:

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Jason here is the best! I really wish I had the dough for this one!

4. Jakeahearts

Jakeahearts Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Seattle
    I'm interested! Have any pic's?
    Thanks,
    Eddy

5. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    IMG_0063.
    IMG_0064.

she's pretty spotless.

6. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    thanks for the props Andy.

7. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    what are the power ratings? will it do a 2 ohm load?

8. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    here's a link to Ashdown's site. It's 575w into 4ohms. No, it will not handle 2ohms.

http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=55

These amps sound HUGE. Lots and lots of low end, vintage character but with tight powerful lows. If you also like Ampeg, Mesa, Aguilar you will likely enjoy this head too. They don't all sound the same, but have the same warm and fat vibe.

9. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    jump