1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown amp. + Eden cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazz5757, Jul 1, 2003.

1. I'm currently using an Eden WT-500 with my Eden 210XLT (which i love). While up at the Lakland factory I had the opportunity to play through an Ashdown (EVO 500?...not sure), but that amp sounded absolutely wonderful. I was wondering if any of you have heard/played an Ashdown through an Eden cab, preferably the 210XLT. I keep thinking that the Eden/Eden combination has too much of a sterile sound for my tastes. I'm open to other ideas about a different amp as well----any suggestions out there? (btw, I playing an MTD 535 and the Cort/Elrick JP5).

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I tried my Ashdown ABM500 EVO through a couple Eden XLT cabs. I tried both the EDEN 410XLT and the EDEN 210XLT. The Ashdown sounded great and possessed its characteristic warmth and tubey goodness with excellent mid growl. I liked the 410XLT better, but I'm used to a cabinet that size. My standard rig is the Ashdown ABM500 EVO and a Bergantino HT322 cabinet. (1x12 and 2x10's with Horn)