Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sams, Apr 20, 2001.

1. sams

sams

Mar 20, 2001
    East Orange, NJ
    I am in the market to get a amp head and I wanted to get a Eden wt-400. When I went to a music store the salesperson told me that Ashdown will blow Eden out. There were no Edens in the store though. Any comments on Ashdown amps?
    Should I go with Eden instead?

2. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    ashdown equipment seems to have a warm, middy sound to me. i think it's good quality stuff, but has a different type of sound than eden or swr.

i'm thinking of buy one of their 4x10 cabinets though (found a good deal). can anybody vouch for their 4x10?

3. I have an Ashdown MAG400 head, 4x10 cab & 1x15 I think the gear is excellent, I only purchased recently and tried Marshall, Trace, Laney and Peavy but didn't have the opportunity to test Eden.

The 4x10 packs a good punch and the 1x15 is great, I seem to feel the Bass a lot more now, but I've only just moved up from a Marshall 150 combo, the 1x15 there seemed to flap like crazy when I tried to crank up the sound a bit. This 1x15 handles really well though.

Stu