Ashdown Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Infamous Bax, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Infamous Bax

Infamous Bax

Apr 14, 2002
    Orlando, Fl
    Are these not the most awesome amps ever? I just got an Ashdown Mag 400 watt 210 combo with a 410 cab. I love this amp. I highly recommend these amazing amps.
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    A few years ago, I recorded in a session with an ABM combo. Probably the best combo I ever played through.

BTW, the session was recorded with a MIM P-Bass, the Ashdown speaker was miked and the bass sound doubled through a D.I. box. The sound was simply amazing.

If I were to get rid of my SVT-2 pro, I actually guess I'd lean towards an Ashdown.

All the best,
  3. Infamous Bax

Infamous Bax

Apr 14, 2002
    Orlando, Fl
    I considered getting the ABM but I move my equipment around alot and I didn't want it to get damaged so I went with the little less expensive MAG Series. They're just as good with a few slight differences in features. I love the sub-harmonics on these amps.
  4. Yeh, they are good, but, I recently sent mine,(MAG 200 4x10 Combo) for repair,( bright switch not working) and it came back after 3 weeks with more faults than it had, and that was direct from Ashdown, another week later and i eventually got it back, bright switch still not doing anything. Great sound but pray it never goes wrong. I've still got it but i no longer trust Ashdown, and i won't be buying another.
  5. As I've said elsewhere..Mr Gooday has got it right with Ashdown gear..An ABM 300 with 2x10h and 1x15 is my poison...and what a funker's delight!

6. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Been playing Ampeg (SVT2 and 3pro). Did nothing but give me trouble. Bought an Ashdown ABM 300. It sounds way better than the new Ampegs and it has never let me down in the two years Ive had it. I love this amp but Im a bit interested in Aguilar. Hmmm...:rolleyes: GAS?