Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maurice 41, Feb 5, 2006.

1. maurice 41

maurice 41 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Is there anyone out there that can tell me the differences between the Ashdown ABM 410T cabinet and the Ashdown ABM 410H cabinet?

2. maurice 41

Jan 21, 2006
    I would like to add a second part to my first question. What, if any, are the differences between the Ashdown ABM 500 EVO head and the ABM 500 EVO II? If you have any input on which is more desirable (Ashdown Heads and cabs) and why, that would be appreciated.

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    To answer your first question

None at all! The H / T simply denotes that a tweeter/horn is fitted,
    sometimes they are called T's other times they are called H's

and to answer your 2nd question

the differences between the Ashdown ABM 500 EVO head and
    the ABM 500 EVO II?
    is
    The EVO11 has a bit more overdrive from the valve drive and it is also
    now footswitchable. The EVO11 also has the new Bi-polar output pcb
    giving a little more crispness to the attack and they have had the
    added
    benefit of being most reliable! To be honest though that's about it.

4. maurice 41

Jan 21, 2006
    Thanks Jauqo,

I'm not sure if I am looking at the same cabinets in pictures, but does the 410H have an exposed port at the bottom of the cab, where the 410T does not. Cosmetically, the Logo plate is small and in the top left hand corner of the grill on the 410H where it is larger and top centered on the 410T, do I have this right?

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

I have used the 410H's before but I don't remember an exposed port at the bottom.I use the 410T cab.and I can't answer your ? in regards to the logo.

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Isn't there also a difference in impedance between the T and the H?

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

no

8. slodgenut99

slodgenut99

Dec 28, 2005
    the 410H is from Ashdown higher quality, more costly series (cant remember name of it tho), the T is form the MAG series which are designeed for "the hard working semi-pro bass players looking for quality and sound in an inexpensive package" o something like that.
    im saving up to buy a MAG300H head, 410T and 115T deep cabs, the whole lot would stay at our drummers cos that where we practise and i would practise at home on my old stylee "HH electronics BASSAMP 100" old skool amp. its a beast of an amp. soz to go off topic but doesn anyone know anything about these amps, or tell me if they made other cabs for the thing as all i have is a 1x15 without a horn (replacement speaker, original cab) and i wondered if they made a 4x10 or anything else. cheers

Slodgenut