Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bino, Jun 6, 2003.

1. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Does anyone have any experience with Ashdown cabs? If so, how would you compare them to other leading cabs (Aguilar, SWR, Bag End, etc.) out there? I've got one of there electric blue 115 combos and really like it and was looking into possibly adding a 112 or 2x10 when more volume is needed.

2. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    The consensus seems to be that if you are pairing them with an Ashdown amp, they are the way to go.

They may not work that well with other amplifiers however.

I have a mini 115 and 112 powered by my EVO 300, and really like the sound.

Go try some out and let your ear decide.

Cheers,
    Chris

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Bino, it's my understanding that the electric blue won't push a second cab. that was why I went with my Mag 1x12 combo last year over the Electric Blue.

I'm 1/2 looking for an extention cabinet too. I might go with a Bergantino HT112 but I'm also looking at the Bag End S12, Epifani 110 & the Ashdown mini stuff (a 4x8 would be nice).

4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    The newer (150 watt) Electric Blue does in fact have an extension speaker out.
    :bassist:

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have an Ashdown Electric Blue 130 - the older model that doesn't have the extension speaker out!

I'm well impressed.

I demoed the Minin 4 x 8 and 1 x 15 cabs last week - it now looks like my beloved Trace rig is about to become a Trace head with Ashdown cabs. They are every bit as good as the Trace stuff - juts my back will thank me (and I've spent enough on a chiropractor recently!)