Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Combo Help Please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stilllearning, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Just got an Ashdown ABM C210T-300 combo and am well pleased with the sound I'm getting. Gigged with it last night - great clarity, depth and projection. Running it at about 3/4 power and here's the Ashdown newbie question!

What power is output to the 2x10s? Doesn't seem like 300w??!! Am I correct in assuming that I only get 300w if I use another cabinet along with the combo's 2x10? (My old Peavey Combo 300 was like that - about 150w into the internal BW speaker - 300w with extra cabinet).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Yes, you are correct. The full 300 watts will be available at 4 ohms. The internal speakers will be rated at 8 ohms. To get the full 300 watts you'll need to hook up another 8 ohm cab to the amp.

Right now, you'll probably be getting between 180 and 200 watts :)

3. Thanks for the prompt reply Johnny. I thought as much but needed to be sure before I put myself further in debt....... oh well, bread and cheese for the next month (and another cabinet!).

Thanks

4. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    If you're interested I can tell you how to upgrade your amp section to 500 watts at 4 ohms to give a bit more juice from what you've got at the minute (it'll maybe give you another 100 watts on top of your current setup) which'd maybe save you from buying another cab... or you could do both :bassist:

Mail me if you're interested

5. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    were did you buy your ashdown abm c210-300 most places say not available till oct 04? :confused:

6. I got the combo from Sounds Live (Newcastle) Ltd. They did, what I thought, was a really good price. RRP £999 - web price £789. They only had 1 in stock which has very minor damage to the cabinet (slight dent on edge - fixed with filler and tiny sopt of black paint) and 'cos of this they knocked another £70 off!!

They were really helpful on the phone. I spoke to them one Saturday, the combo was dispatched on the Monday and arrived here (middle of the countryside west of Aberdeen, Scotland) Tuesday am.

Look up their web site - think it's www.soundslive.co.uk??

The history of my new baby - so far I love it.