1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ashdown CTM-30 Little Stubby

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bonin in the boneyard, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Price:
    United States
    A kick-butt low-wattage all-tube amp. I bought this new just over a year ago. I was careless and let the top get a little scratched, but otherwise it's in excellent condition. It left my apartment only once. Packed and ready to go in the original box. Ships free CONUS.

I've tried other low-wattage Ashdown offerings including a CTM-15 and the CTM-30 Little Bastard. The Little Stubby is superior in form factor, flexibility, and ease of use. The controls are intuitive and musical. In fact, I tend to leave the EQ flat and adjust the Feedback knob to taste. I had it pared with a Barefaced One10 and it would get loud enough before distorting that I only turned it up that high a couple of times, and only after making sure all my neighbors were out. With enough speakers, you could certainly gig this thing.

I'm listing it to raise funds for an upcoming move, but it wouldn't kill me to have to keep it, so I'm not accepting offers at this time. But I might entertain a trade...

Thanks for looking!

MVIMG_20200712_184933.jpg MVIMG_20200712_184942.jpg MVIMG_20200712_185002.jpg MVIMG_20200712_185121.jpg MVIMG_20200712_185153.jpg MVIMG_20200725_123003.jpg MVIMG_20200725_123034.jpg MVIMG_20200725_123326.jpg

A good demo:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    ErikP.Bass, metron, gscroggin and 6 others like this.
  2. gregbackstrom

gregbackstrom Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    Dude!

bonin in the boneyard likes this.
  3. gregbackstrom

gregbackstrom Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington

darwin-bass likes this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have the older/bigger cousin to this amp, the LB30. These amps are truly amazing to me. I'm in the process of selling some very desirable amps. But my little 30W Ashdown isn't going anywhere.

R&B and bonin in the boneyard like this.
  5. Friday price drop and bump!

6. DanL

DanL Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Ohio
    You are killing me...

7. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Would this handle a medium to not really large room with a 12 and 15 cab in a 5 piece band?

8. I think there are too many factors in play to confidently answer one way or the other. It's kind of in that gray area where I wouldn't say no, but I couldn't say definitely yes either.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  9. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Thank you Sir

10. labeledbass

labeledbass Supporting Member

May 24, 2015
    darn, this is getting affordable - at this price it IS the best all tube sound you can get for the money, I have LB30 and even PRC made it sounds amazing, heck even for a tube DI box its nice. All these AD valve amps have good components, very linear sound

11. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    :hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist::hyper:

12. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

awesome amp !!
    :cool:

13. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Dimi, why you do dis to me? :D

14. DanL

DanL Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Ohio
    I recently picked one of these up on Reverb. It awesome sounding with a wide variety of tonal tube magic. From clean and warm to full tilt rock n roll distortion yet always staying very musical. Way louder than you would think 30 watts could get too. I am really enjoying mine.

15. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    ...must...resist...amp...I...don't..."need"...

16. And SOLD to a lucky member out on the Best Coast!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021