1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown CTM-300 300-Watt Tube Bass Head

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ebozzz, May 28, 2018.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I've never owned a tube amp and this deal is really tempting me! Alas, I don't have $1600.00 to give up at this time and I'm not sure that I'd be happy dealing with the weight. For you tube lovers, here's a pretty crazy deal from an authorized dealer....

Ashdown Custom Shop CTM300 Electric Bass Guitar Amplifier Head 300 Watt Tube Amp 663839002760 | eBay

Here's the dealer's website......

The Music Farm - Guitar, Bass, Pro Audio and More - Canton Ohio

Here's a point of reference....

Ashdown CTM-300 300-Watt Tube Bass Head

FingerDub and dave79 like this.
  2. movinngruvin

movinngruvin Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Key West, FL
    That's a screaming deal for such a small cosmetic issue. Good find.

ebozzz likes this.
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    And, there's an option to make an offer! Someone may be able to get it for less than the BIN price. It's my kind of a deal but I'm not ready. I've purchased two basses and an amp since December. Also some home studio gear. My current plans are to get a good P Bass and either a single 4 ohm cab option or a pair of cabs that are better/different than what I have. The way I stalk stuff, I'll get another shot at a tube amp.....

4. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    couldnt resist..... too good a deal to say no. LOL i have a PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Congratulations! I hope that it serves you well! :bassist:

6. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    thanks.. I was in the market for a newer SVT ( old one doesn't leave my house) but....

7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I'd love to hear your thoughts about how the amps, Ashdown vs. SVT, differ if time permits. Tube amps have always intrigued me but the timing wasn't right for me on this one.....

8. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    tube amps just feel and sound different. i went SS in the 80's, then dabbled in the tube preamp first hartke then class D world. class D by far is my least favorite. but using full tube amps more and more lately. new ones are Ampeg V4B reissue, Orange 200 and a super bassman 300. i use them all for different venues but so far the orange is my favorite of the new ones. all time fav is my 73 V4 through a svt cab .

ebozzz likes this.
  9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Let me know what you think of the CTM300 after it arrives. I love the Ashdown tone but don't have any experience with all tube amps. Thanks Man...

10. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    will do. i have 3 different 810 cabs to try it with - ampeg, fender and carvin and a bunch of smaller ones too.

ebozzz likes this.