Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Deal at Musician's Friend

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigDanT, Nov 25, 2013.

1. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Don't know much about this amp but it looks like a pretty good deal at $329. GC lists them for about twice this much on their website and Amazon isn't much cheaper. They also have the 330W version. Anyone know if this is actually a good deal or know anything about this amp? I know ashdown makes some decent stuff.

Attached Files:

2. f.c.geil

f.c.geil Supporting Member

May 12, 2011
    Yes, it's a good amp with a classic Fender tone stack. All of their Dual tube (Spyder) pres sound fantastic. Really rich and thick, with just a touch of grit. It's a fairly good deal, too.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. bufert57

bufert57 Ashdown User

Apr 12, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: 1964 Ears
    I have one of these.
    I use it at home a lot as a practice amp.
    I had always wanted one since Ive played and loved all my other Ashdown amps. I finally got one and this one is one of my favorites.
    It looks great and sounds even better. I am not very good at describing bass tone, but its great.
    My only complaint would have to be the fan. I ended up installing a Nexus "real quiet" fan and now it is perfect.

If you don't already own Ashdown, I highly recommend them. Great products and customer service.