Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown EB 150 15" vs Trace Elliot 715SMC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrpink123, Feb 12, 2004.

1. mrpink123

mrpink123

Feb 12, 2004
    Bristol, UK
    I can get both of the above amps at comparable prices, I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on the pros/cons of each?

I'm leaning towards the ashdown at the moment, since it's so light and I live up a few flights of stairs :) I'm open to suggestions though!

I'm in a band playing heavy rock (think soundgarden/muse), playing a Mexican Fender Jazz.

Thanks!

2. For me...Trace Elliot willalways have a place in my heart...i lo0ove their sound and their tone and the fact that they don't pretend to be anything else...they are great solid and deliver just as much and more so0o than the ashdown..plus..

i find trace also responds better to having effects thrown at it...esepcailly OD>..yummie...vintage warm so0ound ...l0ove it...

the ashdown is really nice...but my money's on the trace..plus....they are built like tanks where the ashdowns are not...(in comparison) and the resale value of the Trace will always be high....!!>.

Hope this helps...

oh...and the Trace packs IMHO on the best pre-amps ever built....i was sad to see my trace stack go0o...but needed more power..only had a 130w head...so0o upgraded.. to a 600w EBS Fafner lol....