Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown + eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by neiljashton, Jul 17, 2001.

1. neiljashton

neiljashton Guest

Apr 1, 2001
    I`m just wondering what peoples opinons are on this set-up.
    I`ve got a ashdown mag400. which is 800 watt headroom, and 400rms. And I`m going to be using it with an david eden 4x10xlt. (8 ohms). With a 4 sring yahama bb precision bass.
    Sound alright?

2. I use an Ashdown ABM500 with an Eden D215XLT (4 ohms) and it’s an excellent match.

The 410XLT is a great cab, but I notice from your profile you have Ashdown ABM 410 & 115 cabs which are also very good.
    Not sure if you’re going to better your sound with the single Eden 410 cab, and you’ll probably loose a bit of volume if you’re only running at 8 ohms. Of course you may be intending to use one of your existing cabs with the Eden.

Just curious, but what don’t you like about your Ashdown cabs?

3. neiljashton

neiljashton Guest

Apr 1, 2001
    i love the ashdown cabs, I just wanted to test some other gear out.
    the cabs are really nice. They can get those bottom notes but also give some punch.
    your right about the eden making it quieter. In the gig I played on thursday. The volume levels weren't like those with the ashdown cabs.
    I think I `ll stick with ashdown, firstly I think they produce better sounds than eden, but also the price of the ashdown cabs are so cheep in relation to the eden cabs!