Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Electric Blue 12-180 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Basroil, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Hey, Im looking for a slightly louder and higher wattage amp then my SWR LA12. Im considering the Ashdown Electric Blue 180W combo. Is there something you would recomend more in this proce range? Im looking for a full, fat tone, thats bright and clarified, yet you can still feel the bass. I play metal and rock. (Well, everything generally, but metal and rock in my band.) Ive haerd alot about the MAGs and the ABMs, but not alot about the Electric Blues.

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Hi
    The EB is the same as the MAG only lower powered (and it looks different but the tone etc is exactly the same)
    I would say go for the 1x15 version.
    I gigged for a year with one playing most weekends and it was fantastic for the money.
    It has a good meaty tone although its not that loud as it comes, you might only be getting around 120watts as its a 8ohms speaker but like i say, it done me proud and i was playing most types of music.
    If you do a search here for MAGs anything about the tone applies to the EB as well

3. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Thanks! I just need something with a higher wattage than my LA12, do I can run at at the same volumes as I do my SWR, but it will still have a nice tone and wont blow out the speakers.

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    im not familiar with the SWR but you can run the EB and quite a high volume without blowing the speaker.

5. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    I'll probaly go for that then.

Now to get the money.