1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Electric Blue 180 advice/info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pangloss83, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Pangloss83

Pangloss83

Jul 3, 2012
    I play in a rock covers band using my 1x15" speaker Ashdown EB 180 for the small pub gigs we do and DI it into an FBT bass bin for the larger function venues we play. I play a Fender Precision Lyte through this.

In a few weeks I have been asked to stand in as bassist for a 7 piece folk/rock band at a small festival gig. I must confess to being completely ignorant to the technical side of gigging etc (hence joining this forum to learn from all you enthusiasts!) and haven't had much experience gigging where I haven't used the bass bin or my own P.A. So, I am wondering if my Ashdown 180 alone will be loud/punchy enough for this gig given the size of the band. Presumably it would be DI'd through the P.A? Any advice would be much appreciated. Perhaps it is time I upgraded but I really like the size/portability and general sound of the Ashdown.

2. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You should call the event manager or that person's administrator, and ask

a) whether a backline will be provided;

b) whether the sound system they're bringing in for the event will be sized to handle BG, or will be doing vocal duty only.

The answers to those questions will help you nail down what you need to bring.