Ashdown Electric Blue 180 and MAG210 Deal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eul0gy, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Eul0gy

Dec 30, 2005
    hey guys

I have seen a good deal at my local guitar shop, brandnew Ashdown Electric Blue 180head and Ashdown MAG 210 cab for £199

i was wondering how good a deal this is and if it would be powerfull enough for small pub gigs and also for metal playing?

TBH im not sure i have mostly been playing an old epiphone Stusio bass 10watt practice amp and this is my first step into cab and head setups, i was thinking that if i got this i could sell the head on in the future and add a GK 700RB-II head and a 1x15 cab if i need more power but im not sure.
  2. dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Ive not used the 2x10 cab but i giged for over a year with a EB150 C-115 combo playing pubs, workingmens clubs and even weddings.
    It was more than enough but it all depends on the size of the venue and the amount of people in it.
    not really sure about metal though, again it depends on how loud the band is.
    Im sure the 2x10 is only 8 ohms so you will only be getting about 120watts (around about that anyway)
    If money is tight the EB range is good but if you could stretch a bit more the MAG range is more powerfull although thats really the only difference sound wise.
  3. Volk

Dec 18, 2005
    South Jersey
    I'm don't have any experience with the Electric Blue series, but the MAG's are great heads. I'm sure it should be loud enough to fill smaller gigs.
  4. thats a brillinat price BUY IT!! 180watts into a 2x10 will be tons of power, but not for large gigs.
  5. dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Only it wont be 180watts as i pointed out above.
    Is the cab the 210T deep cab?
    If so this is only a 200watt cab. it might be a bit limiting if you upgrade the head in the future
    Still a very good price though.
  6. Eul0gy

Dec 30, 2005
    yeah i think it is the deep cab. to behonest im thinking of a GK set up in the next couple of months but i thought at this price point i get this just now and save up a bit more for a better GK rig
  7. BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Sound Control was it??

I been there today and saw this package. Getting it for definate! Exactly what I am after, and at a fantastic price!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

8. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I would hold out for a more powerful head if you want to play metal.

When I got back into bass playing, I picked up a MAG-300 and two ebay 1x15 cabinets (Mesa Diesel and SWR WM... both pretty efficient). That rig had enough Thunda for most venues, playing metal.