Ashdown Electric Blue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SmallFace, Oct 9, 2002.

1. I did a search, but there isn't very much to be read gathered in the same place (mostly short pieces here and there). Anyway: I am considering one of the small Ashdowns to use in my home, mostly for practice. They don't seem to cost too much and look great. I know a lot of people use and like the bigger and more expensive Ashdowns (ABM and such), but how about the Electric Blue? Any fresh opinions?
  2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    haven't tried them, but the older 130 watt model is much less costly than the new 150 watt version.

bass place in AZ sells them frequently on EBay.

but, EBay is a 98% ripoff ignore everything i just said.

3. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I owned one for a while and I highly recommend it.
    Very warm and loud.
  4. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I just bought an Ashdown Electric Blue 130-15.

Check out Music123.Com

Mine was $319 with free shipping and only New Jersey sales tax....I'm in California :)

They have the 130-12 for $299 with free shipping.
  5. cabooke

Jan 26, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    I have the Electric Blue 130-12. For the money it is a great amp. It has a 5 band E.Q., bass and treble boost buttons, and the E.Q. has a bypass switch. It does NOT have a horn(tweeter) so it is not as hi-fi (a bit more woofy)of a sound as a full range cab. But the sound is very punchy with decent bass responce, and it will play loud. For $300, you can't go wrong.
  6. I picked one up as a portable practice amp and amp for gigs that I wouldn't need my Trace rig for!

It cost me £289 (not sure what that is in your currency though!), is very portable - one person can easily carry it a reasonable distance. Mine is the 130 - 15. The 15" speaker makes it nice and ballsy, I play 5 string and it handles the low B very well!

It is double ported at the back, and it has a DI out of the front panel for easy linking to the PA. The other controls have already been listed - all I'll say about them is they all work well!!

I had been considering trading my Trace rig for an Ashdown ABM 500 and mini 4 x 8 and mini 1 x 15 - but I'd lose too much on the deal, so for now I'll keep the Trace as my big rig and the Asdown for everythin else!
  7. Is Paul drivin' a hard bargain at Sound Control m8:D

He told me he doesn't want to end up with a shop full of 4x10s traded in for the 4x8s
  8. Yeah - he told me that he wouldn't be able to give me a lot for the Trace stuff as everyone expects it to be discounted heavily due to their manufacturing shutting down!!!

So, I'll wait and get my money's worth out of the Trace stuff!!!! I really liked the size of the mimi cabs - would put my back at so much risk anymore!:D
  9. Thanks for all the replies! I think I'm going with EB 130-12, but haven't really decided yet.