Ashdown Electric Blue

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by erikwhitton, Jun 3, 2003.

1. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    Just thought i'd post about my new amp for double bass. I paid $300 for a new Ashdown Electric Blue 12" combo (130 watts). I sold my Ampeg Ba-110 (30 watts) because it had been farting out on the ole DB.

The EB is a great amp - I get a very nice sound and plenty of volume. i play a Kay with a Bass Max PU. I also have a K&K pre amp but I have not really found that it improves tone so I go straight from the PU to the amp.

it REALLY SOUNDS GREAT with my fender jazz bass though. I am really surprised how nice that sounds. now i'm bringin my fender eveywhere with me too!

It is a bit heavy for a 12" combo unfortunately.

I had been considering the WM12 and a few other more expensive amps but this was the right price at the right time. I think it sounds warmer than the swr.

the tone is not as natural as other amps i'm sure but i think it's fine. plus that may be a pick up issue (mine does not wedge into my bridge wings - i have to use some cardboard to help it out).

well that's all...take care everyone!
  2. Yes indeed, ashdown makes great amps. The tone is just perfect for electrics and pretty good for upright, which is significant also because I have been using a fishman. I definately think that its better than the WM-12, SWRs just dont have has round a tone.