Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown evo 500 + NV610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Sep 9, 2005.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    anybody out there with this setup? i've thought about it before in the past and just had a sudden urge of GAS. so i was wondering what you guys like about the setup. pros? cons?

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I own the EVO500II and I can't say enough about it. Now...........I have heard the combination of the 500 and the Berg 610. There's nothing more to say than

BUY IT!

If you want a HUGE focused sound with the ability to grind than there's no need to look any further. Awesome sounding rig!

3. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I got the Rack-mount version of this amp... love it!... but I play it through the NV215. :eek: :eek: :bassist:

4. Did A/down make a 500 series I? Am looking @ a used one but can't seem to find much info on anything other than a series II. thanks! :bassist:
    Am hoping to use w/ my Berg 322..should be rockin'

5. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    with the ashdown are you able to get a good growl out of your bass? im thinking of getting a jazz bass soon too.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The ashdown will growl forever with a good J bass. You can easily gain some exra umph and growl with the Valve knob turned up a bit. It really brings that quality out.

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Yes I own an ABM 500 EVO - which was the one before the EVO II.

Main difference is that you can footswitch in and out the amount of pre-amp drive you get - you can set the dial and switch it in when you want some warmth or grind. You can also spot it as the EVO has a RED mute LED, the EVO II has a BLUE one. There are also I believe some circuitry changes that make he EVO II better.....but I'm sure there is another footswitchable option that disappeared to allow the space for the pre- amp grind footswitching (but I can't remember what it is!).

I'm very happy with the ABM 500 EVO......don't think and EVO or an EVO II will disappoint! :bassist: