1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown EVO500II and 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Anarchyok, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Hey guys, thinking of trading my Nemesis set up for an Ashdown ABM EVOII/III and ABM810. Anyone running this set up? What are you're thoughts? Is the EVO III worth tracking down over an EVO II??

If you have this set up, I'd love some pics too to spur on the gas!!

2. 1kinal

1kinal

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    I've played that setup a lot while doing demo's for Ashdown at trade shows in Canada. I'd say go for it.

Very powerful, loud, chest-thumping, name it...The 8x10 is incredible, I'd have one if I had roadies :smug:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Eric Burdon's bassist has that rig and she sounds great with it.

4. A few aussies in bands like Cog, and Karnivool use this set up too, so I think i'll dig it. Its always hard when hearing big bands as you're never sure how much of it is a DI Signal thru FOH.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    True, but I heard Paula play that rig up close. She offered to let me use it, too, but I opted for the house SVT-CL.