Ashdown = Excellent

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderjazzbas, Sep 11, 2000.

1. fenderjazzbas

Sep 9, 2000
    I have just bought a new Amp, an Ashdown ABM 300!!

I can really recomend this Amp to everyone. I have tried and compared many amps ex. trace, ampeg, ebs, GK m.m. and I found that ashdown has the best sound, price and outlook.

I have tried both ABM 500 and ABM 300, and I found that you don´t need more power than ABM 300. You can buy an ABM 500 if you play on big conserts like woodstock etc.

Ashdown is perfect in combination to Fender Jazzbas !!!

Excuse my bad Enlish (i´m from Sweden).

2. At least you can speak and write in English, I can’t speak Swedish, but I have got an Ashdown ABM500 and agree with you about the power and excellence of this amp. :D
    I didn’t try the 300w, maybe that would have been powerful enough for me.

3. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I've got an Ashdown 300W 1x10" combo and it rocks - hooked up to an extension cab (at the moment I've got 1x15 and 4x8) the sound is big enough for most gigs, certainly big enough for anything where you wouldn't be hiring a huge rig anyway... :oops:)

My whole solo album was recorded with a mic in front of my Ashdown ABMC110-300 - check out the sound on my website...

4. MatW

May 10, 2000
    UK, Swindon
    What cabs do you use to hook up to your ABM300??
  5. fenderjazzbas

Sep 9, 2000
    Hi MatW

I use Ashdown ABM 300 with MAG 410-t, you can also use ABM 410 but they are more expensive, the difference between the ABM and MAG 410 is just the outlook, inside it is the same speaker.

I can really recommend this combination!!

6. Okay, I looked at Ashdown's site and I liked their amps and combos, and I like what I read here on this forum about them. But where does one find them? Is there a dealer located somewhere close to New Jersey, so I could maybe try out the 1x10 ABM and MAG combos for comparison and sound? And what do they cost? (Discounted...)
    I would like some more info on this please; the idea of a powerful 1x10 combo amp that can be used "stand-alone", or also as the driver of a larger system, intrigues me.

7. The first time I saw these Ashdown's was at sam ash.. the dude was trying to persuade me from buying myself a hartke 3500 to buying this Ashdown head... I think it was like $750.. a lot more than my hartke =P but the dude had the setting to all the stuff I don't like =P he had it almost trebly.. and he had the stingray all trebly too =P it sounded icky but I could tell it was a great head.. and I knew the bass was great=P but anyway.. try a sam ash to find one.. ask your nearest other places if they can try to start selling em.. Later!