Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown five fifteen or not?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hellsgamerz, Nov 11, 2004.

1. I'm looking for a decent amp to practise with my band (only one practise session so far though). We play blues, with a couple of covers (including 4 RHCP).

I've just come back from the music store, they had a couple of workshops, including one on bass. The guy that did it (a pro bass player and teacher) recommended the ashdown five fifteen. It sounded pretty good (I'll go back to play it in a couple of days), but I just want to hear your comments. Main reason for me to get it is the low price (245€): you get 100w through a 15" for it. My guitarist recommends 150w, but I practised with a 100w (not my own) and that sounded good to me. Any comments? I can't seem to find a whole lot of reviews though...

2. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Nice sounding amp. I tried older 65w version and it it wasn't loud for 65W - sounded more like 30W even with gain and master at 3 o'clock - good thing is that even then it didn't distort.
    If you can try it against some other amp with similar characteristics, and your guitarist is reight more W is better.

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    100 watts might ( with people I jam with WON"T ) hold you..