Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Grills

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Starborn2002, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Starborn2002

Starborn2002

Jul 1, 2005
    Montreal
    Hi...

I'm a newbie over here on these forms...

But I need some information that couldn't be provided for me on the forms I'm normally on

I recently damaged the metal grill on my Ashdown ABM 410-500 combo...and I really need help finding a replacement (if that's even possible)

If any of you have any recomendations on where I could start looking...It would be greatly appreciated

Thanks alot

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Welcome to the forum! Well, not sure about over on your side of the pond....but I'd try Ashdown themselves. They might be able to put you onto the official distributor in your neck of the woods who may carry spares!

Worth a try! Good luck! :bassist:

3. Starborn2002

Starborn2002

Jul 1, 2005
    Montreal
    I sent a couple of emails to ashdown themselves through their website a couple of weeks ago...but never got any response

I tried asking local music stores...but they didn't even know where to start (or at least the salespeople I spoke to didn't)

Anyways...it's a drag to look at my busted up grill...it's a real eye sore

but I've got the purshasing department of one of the biggest stores in montreal looking out for one...I guess i'll wait to see what they find

4. Try A steel supplier- the grill is simply steel mesh. Thats a quick easy fix. It actually looks like DVA mesh used on security doors / flyscreens, but a little thicker. It shouldnt be all that hard to find something similar.

Shame on Ashdown for not answering your emails- I musk ask though did you try through the UK service department, or the North American distributers- I've always had a quick and informed responce from teh guys in the UK.