1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown head as a DI WITHOUT a cab plugged in

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lukeam101, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Lukeam101

Lukeam101

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello!
    I recently got an Ashdown ABM 1200 head and I was wondering if it's safe to use just the DI out WITHOUT a cab hooked up. From what I hear on TB, it should be fine, but it also might not be. And it seems it should be fine since you can run the head with one cab and not use the other power amp. I just don't know enough to trust myself.
    My band has silent practices with everyone plugged in direct to a mixer then into a headphones amp for all of us (electric drum kit for those practices).

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's fine without a cab. You really only need to worry about it if you're using an all-tube head, and the ABM 1200 is a hybrid so it's fine.

BassmanPaul and Lukeam101 like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021