1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by M@ddest_H@tter!, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Im in the market for cab...and whilst browsing MF I take a look at the Ashdown ehads cause I've heard lots of good about them. Both the MAG600 and MAG300 heads are 299.99. Now call me crazy but doesnt it usually cost more $$$ for more watts...etc. Is there something wrong with the MAG600? Owners.....your opinions...comments.

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    You have to ask the shop.

Usually the price are different for the 2.

Maybe the MAG600 is a second hand item and the MAG300 is brand new.

If the MAG600 works fine and nothing wrong than get the MAG600, since the more watts you get the better.

3. I bought one of the MAG 600's and I'm sending it back. Not enough power. But the price is right. The MAG 600 is on clearance price right now. Not sure if they're discontinuing them or what.

4. I remember you telling me that in the Avatar thread I posted. It didn't say anything about being refurbed or on clearance.....curious though...

5. It does mention it over on Music123's website. They're affiliated with MF and Guitar Center.

EDIT: It seems that they've taken that down. Probably had too many people asking about it. It just says "Price Drop" now.

Another thing I've noticed is that quite a few of the online dealers aren't carrying Ashdown anymore. I wonder why?

6. that would really suck, Im stoked about getting that head, I guess need to tell the wifey Im having serious GAS pains

7. I have no experience with the Mag heads, but I can tell you that the ABM EVO III is really nice. It kicks the crap out of my two guitar players mesa (triple rectifier and mark IV) stuff volume wise, and it sounds killer.

8. Well, you've got 45 days to try it out, and if you don't like it send it back. Their warranty is for a year. There's a card in the box when you get it that you fill out and mail back.

9. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    For $299 (approx £150) in UK for a MAG600. i say worth giving it a try. If you like it then keep it if not the return it for something else.

10. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Ashdown prices in America are likely to drop further now they've started moving some of their cab production there.

11. *Deep breath* Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG, Don't buy a MAG!!!!!

Seriously, save some money for an EVO. In my opinion at least the quality of the MAGs is considerably lower then the EVOs, and the price difference isn't too drastic. I thought for a very long time that I just REALLY hated Ashdown as a whole, but I was just put off by MAGs.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021