Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fugacity, Feb 23, 2005.

1. fugacity

fugacity

Dec 4, 2004
    Hillsboro, OR
    Hi,

I want to upgrade my Peavey TNT115 for a 2x10 or 4x10 amp. The sound that is coming out from my peavey is just too muddy. I heard a lot of good reviews on the Ashdown 210 combo amps. But I would like to try it first if possible. Does anyone know any music store in Austin, TX that carry Ashdown ?
    Also, the Ashdown C410 is only $100 more expensive than the C210, but same power. Should I go for the 410 instead ?

Thanks,
    Roy

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Guitar Reserrection carries them.

3. I run a Ashdown 2x10T combo (with a 1x15 DeepCab when required) and, I must admit, if I could have got a 4x10 for $100 more (about £50 - £60 yes?), I would have been very tempted.

HOWEVER, there is the issue of portability and, on a purely practical basis, I think the Combo plus Cab route pretty much fulfills every requirement without breaking your back IMHO. How much would you have to pay for a 1x15 or even another 2x10 to go with it?

Godd luck with whatever decision you make - you'll not go far wrong with Ashdown IF, of course, you like it when you try it. ;) ;)

4. yea, Guitar Rez has Ashdown. You may also wanna try going to Bass Emporium if the Ashown is not to your liking. John is always helpful and friendly.