Ashdown in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fugacity, Feb 23, 2005.

1. fugacity

Dec 4, 2004
    Hillsboro, OR

I want to upgrade my Peavey TNT115 for a 2x10 or 4x10 amp. The sound that is coming out from my peavey is just too muddy. I heard a lot of good reviews on the Ashdown 210 combo amps. But I would like to try it first if possible. Does anyone know any music store in Austin, TX that carry Ashdown ?
    Also, the Ashdown C410 is only $100 more expensive than the C210, but same power. Should I go for the 410 instead ?

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Guitar Reserrection carries them.
  3. I run a Ashdown 2x10T combo (with a 1x15 DeepCab when required) and, I must admit, if I could have got a 4x10 for $100 more (about £50 - £60 yes?), I would have been very tempted.

HOWEVER, there is the issue of portability and, on a purely practical basis, I think the Combo plus Cab route pretty much fulfills every requirement without breaking your back IMHO. How much would you have to pay for a 1x15 or even another 2x10 to go with it?

Godd luck with whatever decision you make - you'll not go far wrong with Ashdown IF, of course, you like it when you try it. ;) ;)
  4. yea, Guitar Rez has Ashdown. You may also wanna try going to Bass Emporium if the Ashown is not to your liking. John is always helpful and friendly.