ashdown klystron vs markbass vs hiwatt custom 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by damev, Feb 7, 2009.

1. damev

damev

Feb 7, 2009
    what do you think about these heads? i have a svt 3 pro ampeg and i would like to change my configuration and i don't know which head to choose.
    thankx

2. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    If your interested in the Hiwatt I would also consider the Reeves 220. Also which Markbass head?

3. heavyhitter

heavyhitter

Jan 24, 2008
    Well the Ashdown and Reeves are down the same road but the Markbass is down a different road.

All make fine amps but I think its apples to oranges, instead of apples to apples. What do you play?

4. damev

damev

Feb 7, 2009
    for markbass it's a markbass head LMK, i play rock misic like coldplay, mogwai, radiohead and i just want a different sound to ampeg. Hiwatt is expensive it's justified? I want a head with a 4x10 + 1x15 what the best config with this product?
    thx

5. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    Reeves does the Hiwatt thing very well, they aren't inexpensive by any means, but they are about a 1/3 less retail price than Hiwatts. A whole bunch of guitarists have been using Reeves gear for years, Search "The Gear Page.net" to get an idea of how "Hiwatt" their amps can be.
    A lot of players there actually think they "out Hiwatt" the current Hiwatt amps.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021