1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown Labs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sshorepunk, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Has anyone tried any of the new Ashdown Labs gear, in particular the new amps, the MK500 and AL-D500 ??

Tony

2. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    id really like to get that preamp. the al-d600? is it. its exactly like the amp but just a preamp. that stuff looks good but i havent had the chance to try it. i dont think a lot of the AL gear is in america yet, seeing as tha tmost of it is brand new.

3. lsimy

lsimy

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    A friend who owns a music store here in VA still has an MK-500. I've played it and liked it. It's pretty good on the size and weight and has a TON of headroom. The Harmonic Emphasis was not very noticable but the graphic eq was both precise and had great sensitivity. It was a little lacking on the lows for me but still sounded very nice.

They are definately worth checking into.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC

i hear that alot about their abm pre amp and all the ashdown labs stuff...the lack of low end. is it a huge lack or just smide. cause the abm line is all about soem low end.

5. lsimy

lsimy

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    I don't have experience with all Ashdowns. I did try an Ashdown 2x10 ABM combo in the store which was next to an SWR Redhead. I was actually quite shocked, the Redhead sounded ALOT better !! And I'm a big Ashdown fan !!

6. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    that is shocking. but i guess its all in the ear. hmm, off to the store to do some research.