1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Little Bastard

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twelvevail, Dec 16, 2011.

1. I'm seriously thinking about buying one.
    But can't find any good video clips or anyone posting about em.
    Anyone have one?

2. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Ashdown Little Bastard LB30 demo - YouTube

Ashdown Little Bastard - YouTube

There are also a least a handful of posts on TB about them - cuz I've posted in a handful of threads about them.

Cool little amp, but probably not a main rig amp unless you play in a quiet situation, or are looking for a really saturated sound at medium volume. Breaks up early - very responsive to your attack.

3. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    I don't have a video but I have owned one for over a month so feel free to ask me any questions you have!

4. Can you compare it tone wise to any other amp?
    What cab are you using with it?
    How loud is it?

5. Tone-wise, similar to Ampeg tube amps, like SVT, IMO. Not with the power of an SVT obviously :)
    Loud enough for me to use with our blues/jazz band in small clubs without PA support. But our drummer keeps a lid on it, so, we ain't playing loud.
    Very responsive to your playing touch-like any good tube amp.
    Unlike any hybrid/s.s. amp. NOT at ALL like a Streamliner-which imo, ain't like an all tube amp at all(tho many say it is) & yes that amp IS responsive too, but in a different way & has way more low end boom that is hard to tame.-IME/IMO. OK??? o_O
    As I say, the LB-30 reminds me of an SVT-without the massive headroom (& weight ;) in the way it's warm, lush & very tubey & once you crank the vol past 12 o'clock, it's gnarly time :)
    D.I. is nice on it too. Works well on a 1x15 or a 2x12

6. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    You said it all! +1

7. Thanks so much.
    Exactly what I was hoping you'd say.

8. All I could think of! Nice li'l B......
    Anyone know WHICH pre-amp tubes go where in it tho???
    I swapped 'em a while ago &-stupidly- forgot to write down the STOCK configuration.
    & Ashdown not putting a 'tube chart' in doesn't help........