1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown little giant 1000 tone

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j3ss3, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Hey guys, many people want to know how the LG 1000 sounds, me2:smug:,so i sent an email to them!:rolleyes:
    This is what they replied:
    RE: Email from Ashdown website‏
    Van: Martin Burrows (martin@ashdownmusic.co.uk)
    Deze afzender ken je mogelijk niet.Markeren als veilig|Markeren als onveilig
    Verzonden: vrijdag 18 juli 2008 15:57:47
    Aan: jesse_demuytere@hotmail.com

Hi Jesse
    Thanks for your email. In actual fact the Little Giant pre amp is based on the pre amp from the MAG unit, but of course the major difference being that it is a surface mount pcb, making it a lot smaller and we used a digi out rather than standard fet output. So, the sound is as similar as it can be. I'm afraid we do not currently have any sound files.
    Regards
    Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: noreply@ashdownmusic.com [mailto:noreply@ashdownmusic.com]
    Sent: 18 July 2008 14:47
    To: Martin Burrows
    Subject: Email from Ashdown website

Message received from ashdownmusic.com

Name: Jesse

Email: jesse_demuytere@hotmail.com

Message: Hello Ashdown,I like your amps and I got a question: How would you compare the sound of the little giant 1000 and the MAG's?It would be real nice if you could send me a soundfile. Thanks in advance,Jesse.

If thats true it will sound super, IMHO:bag:

2. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    Based on the MAG, eh? The MAG preamp is great, but it seems that if you want the ABM sound, it comes at full weight. :atoz:

BTW has anyone seen any place in Europe selling the EVO-III ABMs?

3. LG's have not become available in the states yet but "soon" I'm told. I suspect with it's digi roots it may have a touch of superfly character to it. Can't wait!

4. RE: Email from Ashdown website‏
    Van: Martin Burrows (martin@ashdownmusic.co.uk)
    Deze afzender ken je mogelijk niet.Markeren als veilig|Markeren als onveilig
    Verzonden: vrijdag 18 juli 2008 16:20:20
    Aan: jesse_demuytere@hotmail.com

Hi Jesse
    Thanks for your email. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be seeing them in the dealers until mid September. Many apologies for the delay.
    Regards
    Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: noreply@ashdownmusic.com [mailto:noreply@ashdownmusic.com]
    Sent: 18 July 2008 15:17
    To: Martin Burrows
    Subject: Email from Ashdown website

Message received from ashdownmusic.com

Name: Jesse

Email: jesse_demuytere@hotmail.com

5. Inflin

Inflin

Apr 30, 2007
    Newcastle, UK/Currently London
    Affiliated with Genelec, Avalon Design.
    Ashdown have an infuriating habit of announcing products WAY before they're on the market :(

UK dealers seem to tell me they're getting them this month. Apparenly not :(

6. in belgium most of the peeps don't even know Ashdown's coming with new head!
    but i'll buy it in the UK anyway, its almost 100 euros cheaper there:p.

7. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Well, I am selling my ABM500 EVO RC (first series) in the classifieds. Maybe you are intested...

8. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    "Trade with a Markbass SA450"?

Actually I'm more interested in that very Markbass right now, though the fact that the LG 1000 is far cheaper greatly intrigues me. :)

BTW thomann.de has the LGs listed as "available at short notice (2-5 days)". :meh: Maybe you could try emailing them an email jesse?

http://www.thomann.de/gr/ashdown_little_giant_350.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/ashdown_little_giant_1000.htm

9. :bag:Hey i noticed that too, but i noticed it on other products 2, if you watch, you will find that they sometimes put such a label on a product while it's on backorder.

10. i will e-mail them to be sure, if Ashdown or thomann is keeping some of those beauties in a warehouse somewhere

11. i will then be tempted to add that on my criminal record, muahahahah:bag:
    just joking ofcourse,:ninja:well,maybe not.:ninja::bassist:

12. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Very interested in one of the LG 1000's. 8st street music is taking pre-orders for them for $499, but is not saying when they'll have them.

I called them and they're going to try to find out.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021