Ashdown Little Giant 1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KASH, Jan 25, 2009.

1. KASH

KASH

Jan 25, 2009
    Any ideas on this amp? Is it any good? :meh:

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    There's threads on them here if you search. But few have actually played through them, and even fewer own them yet.

Personally I got tired of waiting and went with a Genz Benz NeoPak 3.5 in order to run both my 2x10 cabinets together at 2ohms.

3. It's good enough that it's become my main amp and I have a second one for backup; the Yamaha BBT500H was my main, it's now in the locker for safekeeping.

The LG1000 and the Warwick $$ are an excellent match, IMHO :hyper:
    Not that anyone asked :D

[edit] I'm still looking for a 1X12 that can handle the low B :bassist: [/edit]

4. Owned the Little Giant 1000 for 3 weeks now as well as being very good it is excellent back therapy.
    With my G&L L2500 into my Little Giant through two 15" Eminence Kappalite 3015 cabs playing/travelling has become much easier.

5. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    Its the way to go for powering 2 4 ohm cabs imo. EQ is a little confusing at first, its not like the standard ABM knob/slider EQ that it resembles but once you get used to it, its great.

Ashdown fixed the big problems that the Superfly had with the LG. The LG is quieter than a mouse peeing on cotton, its got WAY more power, and once you get over the fact its not bridged, you realize you actually have two amps.

Great amp!

6. Agree the EQ is a bit unusual at first and a bit limited; I've also purchased the Ashdown Dual Compressor, they both sit side by side on top of my cab.
    Plenty of headroom and amazingly quite, I did query Ashdown about the fan not working and was told it would only operate when the amp got hot after 2-3 hours heavy use.

7. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    The next time I go to London, I might pick up one of these. The 350 will be plenty for me though.

8. I'm looking to buy one of these, does anyone know if it's ok to run one side of the amp without the other? (i.e. only use 1 cab)

It's just i know that a lot of stereo PA amps don't like it when you only run one side.

9. Most of the time I only use one side; it is perfectly ok.

10. For the price difference you would be better off spending that little extra and get the dual output (2x500 watt) version.

11. ttmnky

ttmnky

Nov 12, 2007
    I'm sorry to go off topic, but THAT is pretty sig-worthy, IMHO

12. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...on the LG1000, anyone know what the output is to 8 Ohm cabs...just curious...can't find the info anywhere...

13. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Probably, but this will be my small, light rig. 2 small, 4 Ohms cabs make no sense to me.

However, I could just use one side of course.

14. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    or you could run 2 8ohm cabs out of each side of it for 4 cabs total. :-0

And non-sense about not needing 4ohm cabs if you have the amp to run them. I run 2 4ohm 210's off of my NeoPak and it's beyond fantastic for bigger gigs. Take 1 4ohm for smaller gigs.

15. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    I have all I need for big gigs. :smug:

16. I tried two 8 ohm cabs using the two separate speaker outputs; I then played while my wife connected both 8 ohm cabs in parallel using just one output; the step up in sound was quite significant, I am now considering acquiring two 4 ohm Neos from somewhere.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021