1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown mag 250 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jonno0304, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jonno0304

Jonno0304

Mar 31, 2013
    I'm thinking of getting the above combo, but haven't found many reviews of it. Anyone with any experience?? I'll be using it for heavy rock mostly, but need to be sure it'll keep clarity and sharpness - no mud.

It's the made in the uk version if that makes any difference

2. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    Could be ok. I can't find anything about this one but I assume it's just a standard MAG head taped to a MAG410 box.

How much is your budget?

I'm an Ashdown fanboi but I don't think it's what you need. Ashdowns have a very mellow sound and are warmer than they are clear. The lower wattage rating Ashdowns have a tendency to struggle in a live environment. There's every likelihood that this unit would end up sounding too wooly for you at high volume.

3. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    Dunno about the amp, but the cab part of it is great. Handles plenty of power cleanly.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    There's a close by thread on this very amp. wITH PICS EVEN.

5. Not quite the same thing but I just picked up this Mag 300 410 combo yesterday. Or should I say I tried to pick it up but threw out my back!:D Great tone and lots of features for a combo, but man is it heavy!

amag01_zps993121ba.