1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG 300 Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jw319901, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jw319901

jw319901

Jan 29, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Someone in my area has an Ashdown MAG 300 Head for sale at a pretty good price. It would be used for practice and small gigs. Anyone ever used one or having anything excellent/horrible to say about it? Thanks.

2. Great head. I love mine! I am retiring it to backup/ rehearsal space status soon as I am about to upgrade to an Ashdown ABM 500. Don't plan on letting it go though, It sounds to good I just lust for a little more power for Gigs.That said, the only time the MAG has really run out of gas was at a big out door gig and I just had the sound guy put some more bass in the monitors.

Good luck,
    Jimi

3. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    There's quite a few of us happy MAG users on here...can't think of anything that'd put me off buying another. Some people have had the vu meter stop working, but that's the only common problem.

4. I have one of the older UK MAG 250s and I think it's great.

5. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    I have the combo version of the Mag 300 (it's the same actual amp) and I love it. I've recently upgraded to the Abm 500 (combo) and I'm very happy with that too.

6. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I have the VU problem, but at twice the price am very happy with it. Very loud and warm.

7. jw319901

jw319901

Jan 29, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for all the replies, I still need to check it out. Provided everything is in order I'm probably gonna snatch it up.

8. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I had the Mag 300 head version, not the rack style and it was pretty wide. I dig the tone my Behringer BX3000T WAY better than the Ashdown, which I sold long ago. Interesting thing is-everybody said the Behringer is a Ashdown copy, but other than the front panel layout, the two heads are very different. Both have a different tone. Of course tone is subjective, like most everything else.