1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown MAG 300h+410T or Warwick Profet 3.2+WCA 410 PRO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BadBass, May 14, 2006.

1. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    I have managed to pursuade my parents to sort out a new rig for me:eek:

Got a max of say £400-£500
    £300W+

Separate head and cab

Not really looking at 2nd hand at the moment, just new

Spotted these two rigs which look ideal!

What comments can you guys make on them, what they like.. build, sound, playability...?

Need to find them to try soon:p Havent actually tried them yet

Thanks,

Matt

2. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    BUMP:D

3. ashdown!! they ready add to the sound, give a brilliant sound, i think the warwick is a transparent amp, which means they dont add to the sound you just get the sound of the bass, *correct me if im wrong*, ashdown are brilliant amps, just read the reviews, go to harmony central, they have loads, im currently saving up for the MAG 810 cab, then im going to sell my mag 1x15 combo for the MAG 600watt head

4. Fathand

Fathand

Sep 24, 2005
    Finland
    True. The Warwick is pretty clean & flat (like solid states usually are), but paired with a Warwick cab it sounds pretty warm. For the price, an excellent amp.

I have to use an MXR Bass D.I.+ to get some grit to the sound, though.

My setup is located at my sig.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I use the MAG300H amp with Aguilar 2x10 and 1x12 cabs, both 8 ohms (bridged to 4 ohms). I get a decent amount of power out of the amp, but I'm not crazy about the tone- it isn't horribly transparent. For the money I think it was a pretty good deal. I haven't had any problems with it. The "sub-harmonics" don't do anything, despite what ashdown says.

6. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Cool! gotta try them both out though. I like a lot of extra warmth in the tone, probably will get a 1x15 in a few years to go with it.
    Is the Ashdown mag 410 cab much good though, I read a few reviews that it wasnt the best?

Favourites..please tell me?:D

Thanks,

Matt:bassist:

7. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    UK
    Bump x2

8. gwidd

gwidd

Oct 23, 2008
    Im also looking into buying a 4x10 cab to go with my Mag 300 combo. Which 4x10 is the best out there to go with my combo......dont have the cash to buy the head yet. Also anyone have any idea on what are the best bass strings to buy...........nothing over £25 please haha