Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown MAG 300H + Avatar 210N and (212N or 115N?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by akuma12, Aug 2, 2005.

1. akuma12

akuma12

Aug 25, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    So I've been shopping around for amps, and I think that, unless I can find a used Eden WT 550 for a good price, that I've settled on getting an Ashdown MAG 300 and an Avatar 210 Neo. My question though, as a 6 string player, should I get a 2x12 to go with it, or a 1x15? I don't know much about speaker cabs, as I've been playing through a cheap Peavey Basic 60 for the past 12 years (shame on me) and need a good edumacation :) For general purpose, as in, I don't have a band, and I'm not into playing loud music, would the 2x10 be sufficient? It'd be cool to have a nice beefy stack and all, but say in a small jazz combo setting, would I need anymore? Thanks for the help :)

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    If you are playing jazz the 2x12 would prob work just fine.

3. An SB112 would work with that 210 neo without having to have a big cabinet.I've used one with my 210 XLT and that 210-112 was loud enough for about any gig playing rock and blues.The 112s are louder than you would think,I've used just one at practice and it keeps up real well.The Neo 112 looks good but I haven't heard one and I know the SB112 sounds good.

For jazz the 210 would work most of the time by itself I think.I have the 410 neo and it is overkill for some of the clubs we play.I've been using my Eden 210 by itself in smaller rooms that we have volume issues in.Some of the tunes we play have some space in them and I need to have a clean sound like you would with Jazz and the 210 works well for this.You'll hear from a few other TBers that have a 210-112 Avatar rig,they all like them.

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

+1