Ashdown MAG 300H?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Waspinators, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    A while ago I was thinking about this head until I read all kinds of topics on here about it failing right out of the box, at gigs, etc. And now I'm wondering how they're faring these days, since it's possible that there was a bad batch or something. Anyone using a MAG 300H recently?

2. heavyhitter

heavyhitter

Jan 24, 2008
    Yep I have a MAG 300 and 600. I havent had them long enough to do a long term evaluation but the 600 I got from a friend who used it for years (although lightly) with out an issue.

The 300 I just picked up looked like it went through hell and back. again and again. But it plays fine.

I LOVE the tones I can get out of these, better than my Markbass LMII. I still lik ethe LMII for size and protability.

Neither hve the compressor and the are made in the UK- I dont know if that means they are better than the Asian ones or not.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021