Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown mag 400 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pigpen02, Apr 28, 2002.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    any good? anyone got anything good or bad to say about ashdown in general or this amp in particular? also looking at an ashdown abm (evo) 500 rc (gawd that's a long name for a bass head!)

2. The MAG series shares the same basic components as the ABM series..it does not have the valve mix facility or quite as good a graphic. THe ABM is probably a few hundred dollars more and after side by siding the two amps does have more warmth and perceived power. Other little features like the Standby switch and LED are nice touches. It's a better amp than a Trace Elliot( Mark Gooday who makes them was the man behind Trace Elliot in a former life..)

My advice is to stick your neck out further and buy the hand finished ABMs... An ABM 300 is about £700 new in the UK, though would be a good 2nd hand buy if you can find one.

As a Brit I only see limited SWR & Eden kit to form a high-end of the market comparison, but I feel its certainly in a similar ball park.

Best wishes from across the pond.