1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG 410 Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kuchar, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    Hello TB

I recently purchased a used Ashdown MAG 410 pretty cheap to compliment my b2re head.

It seems like whenever I play low notes (open E or anything on the E string and some notes on the A string) there is an intense rattle coming from the cab. It sounds kind of like the speakers are farting or somethings loose. I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

I use a Fender Std. Jazz and connect the cab to the head with a speakon cable. I'm just wondering if the speakers can't handle the low notes or if I need to replace a speaker or two.. or something.

Thank you :bassist:

2. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
  3. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    I have been running two of these cabs pretty hard for almost three years now without a single problem. You may be clipping your amp or just running to much low end into them. You may indeed have a bad speaker or two.

4. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    I tune as low as A and don't have this issue. Is it the whole cab or just the one speaker making the noise? Are all the speakers tightly screwed in?

5. ahhhhh yes!! I run my Ashdown MK500 through two MAG410 cabs. VERY RUMBLY!! I have had them for about 3 years (got them 2 for the price of 1) and they have been like this since new. Its really annoying. You can barely tell in live situations, but in our practice room its noticeable.

I just got a Markbass LMII and played it through the MAG cabs (my markbass 121H cabs are backordered) = same result. I think the cabs are cheap and not the greatest. I may replace them with the ABM 410s eventually.

So, i guess its not just me!

6. I took both cabs apart because I thought that there might be something loose, but nope.

7. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    So in other words this vibrating rumble sound is normal and there is nothing wrong with my cab? T_T

Because it drives me friggin' INSANE

8. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    ive been having that problem, but found that it was actually pretty stupid on my behalf.. my road case latches were rattling :/

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    What type of room are you rehearsing in? are the walls very thin?

10. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    It's done it in every room I've played it in, even if its not at high volume it still does it sometimes, its really annoying T_T

11. yep. seems normal.
    I like them, but they are cheap cabs.

12. mine do it too. Live its not as noticeable. Ive heard a few others complain that these cabs rumble alot.

13. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    I really do not think what you are describing is normal. Like I said before. I push my mag cabs pretty hard (360 watts per cab) every weekend and have never heard anything unusual. I also just bought two of the 210 versions and they do not make any strange noises like you have described.

14. Trevor.A

Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    I haven't noticed anything to bad, maybe a little rumble but I'm not too sure it's the cab.
    Can you just snip the wires to the tweeter to turn it off? I think it would sound a lot better without that thing.

15. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    I suppose ill try that as soon as I bring it back from my buddies house (the place we practice)

thanks for the replies :]