Ashdown MAG 410T cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whipps, Jan 31, 2005.

1. whipps

Jan 31, 2005
    I just purchases a pair of Ashdown MAG 410T cabinets. The description on the Ashdown site as well as the retailer rates the cabinets 350watts at 8ohms. The jack plate on the back of the cabinet says 450watts at 8ohms.
    Anybody familiar with the cabinets or know what to make of this?
    P.S. Ashdown does not make a 450 watt cabinet(so says their web site). They list the 350 watt cabs that I purchased as well as the ABM version which is 600 watts.
  2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Sounds like they've recently upgraded the power handling of the cabs, but haven't documented it yet. You should be happy, that's a good thing. It doesn't mean that the cabs necessarily "want" more power, just that they can handle it. The question you might want to ask is whatthe sensitivity rating of the cab is now, compared to the old spec.
  3. whipps

Jan 31, 2005
    Just got an email from Ashdown saying that "indeed, the cabinet is 350 watts at 4 ohms" and they did not bother to comment on the specs on the jack plate.
  4. rdcalab

Jan 10, 2005
    San Diego
    whipps, any probs with the tweeter? My new mag410 sounds just great, as long as I cover the tweet w/ duct tape. :meh:
  5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Just turn the damn tweeter off.
  6. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Oh, Those wacky Chinese.... What'll they think of next?

and I don't think that you can turn the tweeter off on the MAG cabs....
  7. whipps

Jan 31, 2005
    Love the way they concerned about the way they are labeled.
  8. whipps

Jan 31, 2005
    Finally got word back again from Ashdown. The cabs being produced now are 450watts instead of 350watts.