1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG-410t Deep or not deep?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vagasiferi, Oct 30, 2012.

1. vagasiferi

vagasiferi

Oct 6, 2011
    Hi, I've been lurking around here for a long time, this is my first time actually posting as well.
    I am about to buy new amplification for my bass (I only have a practice-combo), minding my budget and reading a lot I chose an Ampeg Portaflex-500. The cabinet I think about buying is an Ashdown MAG-410t.

My question is: there is a whole lot of confusion about the this cab in online shops, one says it's Deep one says it's not, one says it's selling the Deep 450W cab at 8 ohms - which model according to the website should be operating at 450W 4 ohms. Also, regardless of the cab being Deep or not Deep, their sizes are supposed to be the same.
    Here's the Ashdown site: http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/section.asp?section=mag

tl&dr: Could someone please advise me on this? Are there really 2 versions of this cab with different ohms?

2. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    It would appear that the do offer the same cab in two different impedances, I would think they are otherwise similar but I have not tried them out personally.:bassist: