1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG 410t or Hartke VX410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TravTrav, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TravTrav

TravTrav

Jun 6, 2010
    WA
    Which cab would you guys rather have the MAG 410t or VX410? Pros and cons to either?

2. xxx666

xxx666

Jan 12, 2008
    Australia
    Endorsing Artist G&L Guitars
    I used to own a vx410 - it was a fairly capable cab but I could easily take it to its limit in a live situation - heavy rock / covers

I have never tried a MAG can buy currently own an ABM610 and has a lot more capacity than the hartke (obviously)

I'm guessing you are on a budget by the cabs you are looking at - I would try some second hand cabs as well. If you buy either you can always add an additional cab down the track.

3. Maybe look at Avatar if you get them over there? or look on the used market IMO

Those cabs you are looking at will get you by but they won't get you what you want IME

4. FunkDragon

FunkDragon

Jan 3, 2011
    I wouldn't touch a Mag Cab.
    They are fairly Muddy & not that flash.
    You would be much better off trying to find a used ABM cab instead. MUCH better Cab - NO comparison!
    I have A/B'd them and the ABM leaves the Mag for dead. Much Punchier & Clearer. A lot more responsive.
    Just a great sounding Cab!

I'm not a fan of the VX Cab's either.
    I would try & get hold of an XL Cab. Again, much better.
    (I'm currently using an XL Cab with a Hydrive Cab)

You should try a Genz Benz Cab. Little bit more expensive then the ones you've mentioned but again, on the used market - usually a great deal can be found.
    The Genz Cab's sound NICE!!
    I had a play of the new XB3 4x10 - VERY Nice!