Ashdown MAG 410T - really that good.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vintageampeg, Apr 29, 2005.

1. vintageampeg

vintageampeg Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2005
    OK I'm not a cab afficionado like some of y'all, but I got my Ashdown MAG 410T "Deep" cab today. I found it for short money so I had to try it - I was a bit skeptical. But I cannot believe the low end that this cab puts out.

Even though it's an 8 ohm cab - I hooked her up w/ my acoustic 470 (which is only 175 old school watts at 4 ohms) and I had plenty of headroom to shake my entire house.

I coudn't be happier w/ this purchase. It's a heavy cab but nothing compared to my acoustic cabs. And this rig has much more headroom than my B100R.

Question - should I grab the MAG 300 head now? I'm thinking maybe I should. Might need to sell the B100R to finance it. Hmm... Decisions, decisions.

2. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Ashdown makes some great products, no doubt about that....
  3. Matching gear rocks the best, and it seems like you're quite happy with the cab.
  4. I have the same cab and i'm nothing but pleased with it. I have a Peavey Mark 6 solid state head, and it's wonderful, it was only 275 on ebay, you should check one of those out if your looking for a good head to go with it.
  5. sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    Im in the hunt for a 410 also. I was thinking Avatar but it seems that they dont have the bottom end that Ashdown has. Plus I believe Ashdown is cheaper. Does this cab come with casters or at least mounts to put removable casters? It doesn't look like it becuase there is no mention of them on their website.