1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ashdown Mag 810 Deep vs Hartke 215XL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wrathofgod, Apr 27, 2010.

1. hey people, how´s it hanging?

so, here is the deal. i´m a new proud owner of the orange terror bass 500. now i need a new cab. but i don´t really know which one to get.
    these are the two possibilities:

- ashdown MAG 810 deep
    - Hartke 215 XL

here a few facts. i play in a stoner rock band, filled with a bit of doom. we got two guitars, and my on the bass of course. my equipment:
    ibanez eda > tuner > bassballs > BBmuff > terror bass > ???
    the bass is tuned to drop D

so, what cab should i get? anyone owns any of those cabs? and how do they sound? help would be really appreciated.

ps. those two cabs kinda cost the same. i don´t need ampeg or markbass recommendations. they are out of my price league.

thanks in advance..

2. anyone? a quick hint might help.
    810vs 215

3. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Personally i would go for Ashdown MAG 8x10. never play a 2x15 but would love to tho

4. ASHDOWN!!!!

5. Yeah, those XL series are pretty underwhelming.

6. @ jimiLL
    wait, underwhelming? doesnt that mean that they´d rather dissapoint me?
    so i shouldnt get them?

7. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    For the price you paying i think the Ashdown 8x10 have more to offer until you have enough money to get something better. A good 2x15 is very good but i won't play any cheap 2x15.

Should get decent tone and enough volume from the Ashdown.

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A used Mesa Deisel 215 could be had for around $400. Great cab, at twice the price. Otherwise, I'd choose the Ashdown 810 over the Hartke 215.