Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown MAG bass cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by simpy1, Apr 1, 2005.

1. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I had a look today at an Ashdown MAG 115 cab, one of the cheaper chinese made ones - I thought it sounded pretty nice! However it is rated at handling 250 Watts continuous, and the head I would want to use it with would be a Trace Elliot AH350-SMX (350W)...would I be in danger of blowing it? The amp would also be running an SWR Goliath Jr. III...

Anyone know anything more about these cabs? I just thought it sounded awesome for the really cheap price. Or would I be better off shelling out the $$$ for an SWR son of Bertha, or something similar?

2. VisualShock

VisualShock

Feb 19, 2008
    North Wales
    I've recently taken delivery of the MAG 2x10 and will be receiving the 1x15 on Tuesday. They will be powered by a Trace Elliot GP7 with 300 watts @ 4ohms, and I'd imagine i'll be lucky to turn it up past about 6 without distortion. these cabs handle the power well, but i'm fairly certain the Trace puts out more than 300 watts!

I think they're very good cabs, and seem to do what i want them to very well. the 2x10 on it's own sounds great, so the 1x15 should totally complete the setup!

3. I use an Ashdown Mag 210 together with an Ampeg 115. Sounds good, though I've never turned the volume on my head all the way up or anything like that.

4. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    I've got a mag 115 under an Avatar B212, running an ABM Evo III.
    No clipping with gain at 1:30, tube pre at 11:00, master vol at 2:00.