1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG C115T or MAG C210T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mr sprocket, Jun 28, 2007.

1. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    I am looking at both amps. In the past I ahve played mostly Ampeg gear (8x10, 4x10, 1x15) but I only need this for church and small performances with the Praise band.

I sort of like the idea of getting the 210 and if needed add a 1x15 cabinet later. But how do the 115 and 210 compare. I have not found a 2x10 to play through close by.

2. I have the 115 combo and it blows being a 15 that is. It doesnt have much low end at all for a 15. I tried the 2x10 cabinet and sent it back as i didn't like that one much either. Instead i picked up a used swr goliath III jr which is far superior.

3. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    I have the two together and it slams...crisp highs and tight lows...all for the 720$ I paid for it. It comes highly recommended from me. Although some will say Ashdown Mags are hit and miss on Quality Control, I have never played a bad one. Aside from brand names...I really like the 210 + 115 setup and it should sound good from any brand name as long as you have the loads right.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Please excuse the Dean...thats my beater

4. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    thanks mellobud for the info. I like the idea of having cabinet for the small settings and being able to add the 1x15 cabinet later.

Nothing wrong with Dean. I have a stylist that I enjoy very much.

5. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    I'm not a fan of the Ashdown 15". I do love the tens though!

6. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    The 15 of ashdowns mag doesnt have the classic 15 sound...its more low midrange than deep rumble...I like the low midrange growl of the 15 as it adds more oomph to the ten's already present growl....Although, you really do notice that added 15, oh yes you do.

7. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    Well I bit the bullet today and order the 2x10. I can always experiment with other cabs later. The planned use for the amp is small Praise performances. Were are playing a carnival coming up to raise money to pay medical bills of one of our members. The 2x10 should be enough.

8. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    Experiment with the Eq when you get it as it can be very nice to know how effective the Eq can be before you put it through its paces. I run mine bypassing the Eq as I like my natural bass sound from my Miller. The sound can get loud when the Eq is bypassed if you want louder. Also, Ive been running the input volume knob higher than the output knob as it was recommended in the manual (from how i interpreted it). Use the input volume to puch the needle or something like that. Been running it like that for a couple yrs. Good luck man...Hope it's the sound you want. Highinput=passive bass...lowinput=active bass

Keep in mind, When you run without the ext cab, youre running 8ohm from a 4ohm amp so the combo without an addon 8ohm cab will be 170-ish watts...still plenty loud.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021